About Our School
Port Lincoln Special School is located in the coastal city of Port Lincoln and is the only special school in the Eyre and Western Region.
Situated at the Lincoln Gardens Education site, which also hosts a primary school and playgroup. The school specialises in programming for individual needs. It also provides dual enrolment opportunities with mainstream sites should that be appropriate. Class sizes are small and teachers are supported in the classroom environment by SSOs.
Port Lincoln Special school accesses support services from DECD and external agencies. These include the following:
- DECD Disability Support Services
- DECD Psychology
- DECD Speech Pathology Services
- DECD Interagency Student Behaviour Management Service
- DECD student wellbeing/attendance Service
- DECD Hearing Impairment Service
- Kilparrin Teaching and Assessment Unit
- Autism Association of SA
- Down Syndrome Society
- Novita services
- Child Adolescent Mental Health Service – CAMHS
- Child Development Unit
- Community Health Occupational Therapist
Facilities have been developed to best support leaning needs of students and range from sensory equipment including a ball pit, wedges, balls and rockers to kitchen and laundry facilities.
Each class has spacious indoor/outdoor learning areas and there is a garden area for herb production and seed propagation. Two playground areas with swings, slide, shaded sandpit, softfall covered court area with basketball key and water play are provided in fenced lawned areas. A ‘lair’ also provides excellent opportunities for climbing and developing gross motor skills.